This award will go to a business person or entrepreneur who shows outstanding initiative, boldness and imagination in the enterprise, as well as sound management practices. Entrants to this award will be expected to demonstrate sustainable growth combined with a degree of commercial success that is exceptional for the size of the business. Our judges will be looking for entrepreneurial skills and evidence of how they have seen opportunities and are striving in their business.
Terms and Conditions
- You may enter up to 2 awards categories
- You may only enter 1 public vote category. If you are nominated in more than one, the first category you are nominated in will be the category chosen.
- All entries as well as supporting documents must be submitted online, if you have any queries about hard copies of evidence please contact the team.
- If you commenced business after January 2019, you can enter up to 2 categories from Best New Business, Business Person of the Year, Business Woman of the Year, The Green Award, Young Business Person of the Year, Website of the Year, The Positive Impact Award and the Public Vote Categories.
- The category is open to all businesses in Buckinghamshire.
- Entry is FREE
- Entrants must have less than 250 employees at the time of entering or be self employed
- A sponsor cannot enter an award in the category that they are sponsoring
- Each category has different requirements in terms of length of time in business or age of entrant – please see individual awards for specific rules
- If you have won the same category two years in a row, you cannot enter the category again
- The comments made on your application form should be accurate to the best of your knowledge
- The Judges will be representatives from each of the sponsors and guest judges, who are well respected experts in their field
- The Judges reserve the right to move your application to another category or to add you to another category
- The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering these awards, you agree to our business partners and sponsors having access to your contact details
- Entrants must be available for consultation with the Judges should the need arise
- By entering the awards you agree to partake in publicity of the awards, including the use of any images taken
- Should a category not receive sufficient entries, it will be withdrawn from the Awards Ceremony
- Entries will only be accepted on the official online entry form
- Entry is completed solely on your application form, there will be no site visits
- The closing date for all entries is Thursday 21st January 2021 at 3pm.
- We reserve the right to extend the deadline
- All finalists will be required to attend the Grand Final evening at their own cost
- The Grand Final will take place at the Jurys Inn on Thursday 25th March 2021 at 7pm
- Please note that due to the nature of the Awards Night, Children under the age of 16 will not be able to attend.
- Refund policy – Grand Final Tickets, there is a 100% refund within 60 days of event, 50% refund within 45 days of event and zero refund within 30 days of event
- Ticket Refund Guarantee - As the current pandemic situation changes daily, we want you to feel completely confident about booking a seat or table at this year’s SME MK & Buckinghamshire Business Awards. If we need to reschedule the event, we will simply roll over your booking to the new date and in the unlikely event that we are unable to run the event within the following 12 months, you will be entitled to a full refund.
- You may enter more than one category up to a total of two. Each entry must be submitted on a separate entry form.
- By entering the awards, you authorise us to use personal data collected during the registration process for the purposes of administering the awards, receiving/circulating further information regarding the awards and other relevant events from time to time. To opt out please email email@example.com
Please note: Any financial information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence and will not be disclosed to anyone other than the panel of judges.
Only pay when you have completed your application